dimanche 6 septembre 2015

Modélisme - Armée Nécron - Dynastie Mephrit
























3 commentaires:

Ithor a dit…

Hi!

I hope it's okay to comment here in English. I don't speak French you know :/
So, let me congratulate on your amazingly painted necron army. This is the best painted and most diverse necron army of the Mephrit dinasty I've seen so far.
I'm just starting my own army, and trying to get into the game the first time. I wanted to start sooner, but friends told me I should wait for the 8th edition first, so here I am now.
I'd like to paint my necrons the same colors you did, I adore the Mephrit color scheme so much. Not the usual, boring colors everyone uses.
So I'd like to ask for some help. I looked all over the internet, but couldn't find any information on the exact colors. Could you tell me which colors did you use?
Thank you very much in advance, and good luck on leading your army towards victory in all battlefields! Keep up the amazing work!

Ithor

Scykhe a dit…

Hello,

It's totally fine to comment here in English :)

Thanks you very much for your comments on my painting, that's very nice from you.

I was in the same case as you, i didn't want to use the usual black and green we always see on Necron.
So here are the colours (only GW paints) i use for my Necrons :
I undercoat them with leadbelcher for infantry and Chaos black for vehicule.
I use Death World Forest as a base for the green parts.
For infantry, i use Abaddon black for the weapons and on vehicule i paint metalic parts with Ironbreaker
Then i paint in white all the parts which are going to be orange with ceramic white (thin coats with a good dillution)
Then i paint the orange part with Troll slayer Orange.

Shading time !
I use Nuln oil for all the metallic parts
I use Biel Tan green for the green parts
I use Bloodletter Glaze for Orange

After that, i correct green, metallic and orange parts with the same basic colour.

And finally, i highlight the edges.

Runefang steel for metals
A mix of death forest green and Troll slayer orange for green parts (that's the trick :) )
Grey for black parts (mainly weapons)
And a miw of orange and white for orange parts.

To create a glowy effect on weapon tubes for my warrior, i use a bit of white on the tube while the orange is still wet, and i try to create a smooth transition, that's the hardest part.
I often put on more coat of glaze after to smoothen the transitions.

Finaly and my last trick, i use some 'ardcoat varnish and orange parts to make them look shiny !

So far my Necron never faced defeat.

I don't know if you saw it, but i wrote an article about a tesseract vault here :

http://bregines.blogspot.fr/2016/12/mardi-silence-on-peint-crypte-tesseract.html

I would love to see some of your Necrons once they are painted.

Don't hesitate to contact me here, or on twitter (@scykhe) or by mail scykhe@gmail.com

Cheers and welcome in the hobby

Scykhe

Ithor a dit…

Thank you very much for the fast comment! Sorry it took so long for me to reply.
Honestly, I was expecting a notice via e-mail from the blog when you comment, so I didn't check back here.

Thank you for the color suggestions, I just ordered everything you mentioned. I have only a necron starter so far, but I plan to build all of it next week. Right now I have only 4 warriors and the overlord assembled.

I'll try to paint the tubes as you did, and will also try to do it with drybrushing. I wonder which is easier, and which one will look better.
I just noticed that you used green mixed with orange to hignlight the green parts :) I think I'll be lazier and will use a lighter green color, or some kind of silver.

I'll send you pictures when I have anything worth showing :D

I've seen your Tesseract Vault, it's amazing ^^ Though for now it would be a bit big for me :D I'll think about getting one after I have like 100 infantry units and a few smaller vehicles.

Best wishes,

Ithor